For the last few months, Meghan Markle has been embroiled in a legal battle over privacy against The Mail on Sunday for publishing a private letter of correspondence between herself and her father Thomas Markle Sr.
The Ministers of Finance of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, the State of Kuwait…46 | the publication reaches you by | Bahrain News
Over the weekend, it was ruled by the UK’s Justice Mark Warby that the Duchess of Sussex that the newspaper interfered with her privacy as the former Suits actress “had a reasonable expectation that the contents of the letter would remain private”.
While it’s a clear victory for Meghan and her husband Prince Harry, she’s also outlined how the damage that has been done “runs deep”.
“For these outlets, it’s a game,” the duchess said in a statement. “For me and so many others, it’s real life, real relationships and very real sadness. The damage they have done and continue to do runs deep.
“The world needs reliable, fact-checked, high-quality news.”
“We all lose when misinformation sells more than truth, when moral exploitation sells more than decency, and when companies create their business model to profit from people’s pain,” she added.
However, brighter things are on the horizon for the couple. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex announced earlier this week they are expecting their second child together.
The news was announced via a spokesperson for the couple, alongside a sweet black and white photo of the pair sitting in the sun together whilst Meghan cradled her small bump.
“We can confirm that Archie is going to be a big brother,” the spokesperson for the Sussexes said. “The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are overjoyed to be expecting their second child.”
Do you have information you want to reach our readers?