Navy halts search for sailor missing in Arabian Sea

      Published on Monday, 22 July , 2019      604      
Navy halts search for sailor missing in Arabian Sea

  • Bahrain News

A sailor who was reported overboard from a U.S. aircraft carrier in the Arabian Sea earlier this week remains missing after the Navy ended its search-and-rescue efforts, officials said Saturday.

After “extensive attempts to locate the Sailor” involving three ships and aircraft from two patrol squadrons, the search was concluded Friday, the Navy’s 5th Fleet said in a statement.




“Our thoughts and prayers are with the family, friends and shipmates of our lost Sailor,” Vice Adm. Jim Malloy, the U.S. Naval Forces Central Command, U.S. 5th Fleet, and Combined Maritime Forces commander, said in a statement.

The service withheld the sailor’s identity, citing policy, but said the missing sailor was assigned to the Norfolk-based Helicopter Sea Combat Squadron 5 aboard the USS Abraham Lincoln.

Next of kin had been notified that the sailor’s whereabouts remain unknown, 5th Fleet said.

Keywords:
Category Bahrain News | 2019/07/22 latest update at 1:25 PM
Source : Internet | Photocredit : Google
605
Comments Add comment



Gulf Media

Related Articles

The editorial staff of Bahrain Today would like to give all of its readers from Gulf and Bahrain and the whole world the opportunity to participate actively in the development of the website! If you have something interesting, fun, scandalous - just something worth to be seen from more people. Capture it and share it in the Bahrain Today with a short text.

Do you have information you want to reach our readers?

Send article/s

You can subscribe to our Facebook, Twitter and Google pages or use our RSS feed channel to always read the most important news about Bahrain, the Gulf and the world.