COVID-19: Bahrain reports 360 new coronavirus cases

      Published on Sunday, 24 May , 2020      1736      
COVID-19: Bahrain reports 360 new coronavirus cases


Bahrain has confirmed 360 new coronavirus cases, 220 of which were detected among expatriate workers, and 140 were found to have been exposed to active cases, the Kingdom’s Ministry of Health reported on Saturday.




In a series of tweets, the ministry said that there have been 366 new recoveries in the country, and a total of 4,300 active cases.

The ministry reported no new coronavirus-related deaths for a week in the country, while eight patients are in critical condition.

Yesterday, Reuters reported there had been 8,338 cases in the country. As of Saturday, that number climbs to 8,698 cases.

Last week Bahrain increased bed capacity to 9,746 beds across its isolation and quarantine centers.

“The ministry is following a comprehensive national plan initiated by the National Taskforce for Combating the Coronavirus (COVID-19), which is continually reviewed and modified based on COVID-19 developments,” Faeqa bint Saeed Al Saleh, Minister of Health, said in a statement carried by state-run Bahrain News Agency at the time.

Keywords:
Category Bahrain News, Coronavirus | 2020/05/24 latest update at 5:29 PM
Source : Gulf News | Photocredit : Google
1737
Comments Add comment



Gulf Media

Related Articles

The editorial staff of Bahrain Today would like to give all of its readers from Gulf and Bahrain and the whole world the opportunity to participate actively in the development of the website! If you have something interesting, fun, scandalous - just something worth to be seen from more people. Capture it and share it in the Bahrain Today with a short text.

Do you have information you want to reach our readers?

Send article/s

You can subscribe to our Facebook, Twitter and Google pages or use our RSS feed channel to always read the most important news about Bahrain, the Gulf and the world.