Bahrain-origin exports surge 9% to $506m in Nov

      Published on Thursday, 24 December , 2020      939      
Bahrain-origin exports surge 9% to $506m in Nov

  • Business

The value of Bahrain’s exports of national origin increased by 9% to BD192 million ($506 million) during November, compared to BD177 million for the same month of the previous year, said the Information &eGovernment Authority (iGA) in its foreign trade report of November 2020.




The top 10 countries in terms of the value of exports of national origin purchased from Bahrain accounted for 74% of the total value, with the remaining countries accounting for 26%.

Saudi Arabia ranked first among countries receiving Bahraini exports of national origin, importing BD41 million from Bahrain. Meanwhile, the US was second with BD22 million and Oman third with BD16 million.

Unwrought aluminium alloys emerged as the top products exported duringNovember2020 with BD48 million, agglomerated iron ores and concentrates alloyed was second with a value of BD20  million and aluminium wires (not alloyed)third with BD13  million.

The total value of re-exports decreased by 33% to reach BD46 million during November2020, compared to BD69 million for the same month of the previous year.

The top 10 countries accounted for 88% of the re-exported value, while the remaining countries accounted for the 12%. The United Arab Emirate ranked first with BD16 million, Saudi Arabia second with BD13 million, and the US third with BD3 million.

Four-wheel drive cars was the top product re-exported from Bahrain with BD7 million, agglomerated iron ores and concentrates came in second place with BD5 million, and wristwatches (Precious metal) came third with BD2 million.

The trade balance, difference between exports and imports, the value of the deficit of the trade balance reached BD163 million during November of 2020 versus BD134 million for the same month of the previous year with increase of 22%.

The value of imports increased by 6%, reaching BD402 million during November2020 compared to BD379 million for the same month of the previous year. The top 10 countries accounted for 70% of the value of imports, with the remaining countries accounting for 30%.

According to the report, China ranked first when it came to imports to Bahrain, with a total ofBD56 million, Brazil was second with BD33 million; and the US was third with BD31 million.

Non-agglomerated iron ores and concentrates emerged as the top product imported into Bahrain with a total value ofBD31 million, while aluminium oxide was second withBD25 million, and four-wheel drive carsthirdwithBD14 million.

Keywords:
Category Business | 2020/12/24 latest update at 11:00 PM
Source : Trade Arabia | Photocredit : Google
940
Comments Add comment



Gulf Media

Related Articles

The editorial staff of Bahrain Today would like to give all of its readers from Gulf and Bahrain and the whole world the opportunity to participate actively in the development of the website! If you have something interesting, fun, scandalous - just something worth to be seen from more people. Capture it and share it in the Bahrain Today with a short text.

Do you have information you want to reach our readers?

Send article/s

You can subscribe to our Facebook, Twitter and Google pages or use our RSS feed channel to always read the most important news about Bahrain, the Gulf and the world.