Bahrain foreign ministry strongly condemns Iran’s seizure of British tanker

      Published on Monday, 22 July , 2019      692      
Bahrain foreign ministry strongly condemns Iran’s seizure of British tanker


Bahrain said on Saturday it “strongly condemned” Iran’s seizure of a British flagged tanker in the Strait of Hormuz, asking Iran to immediately release the vessel.

Bahrain, where the U.S. Fifth Fleet is based, also urged Iran to stop its “irresponsible” acts, in a foreign ministry statement.




Iran said on Friday it had seized Britain’s Stena Impero tanker, which had been heading to a port in Saudi Arabia and suddenly changed course after passing through the strait at the mouth of the Gulf.

Keywords:
Category Government | 2019/07/22 latest update at 12:24 PM
Source : Reuters | Photocredit : Google
693
Comments Add comment



Gulf Media

Related Articles

The editorial staff of Bahrain Today would like to give all of its readers from Gulf and Bahrain and the whole world the opportunity to participate actively in the development of the website! If you have something interesting, fun, scandalous - just something worth to be seen from more people. Capture it and share it in the Bahrain Today with a short text.

Do you have information you want to reach our readers?

Send article/s

You can subscribe to our Facebook, Twitter and Google pages or use our RSS feed channel to always read the most important news about Bahrain, the Gulf and the world.